jueves, 2 de noviembre de 2017

The way I normally dress

1.- I have never paid much attention to dressing. I have not been trendy although I have not been scruffy. I really liked wearing short-sleeved tight T-shirts, which were plain or more usually with a drawing on the chest. Blue jeans are a garment that I always use. I like wearing trainers and when I put on a pair of leather shoes I do not usually change them in a long time. The first time I wore a tie was my wedding day, with a custom-made suit; the next day I gave it to my father, who used it until the deterioration or worsening.

2.- Once I decided to eat at a luxury restaurant and chose "Jockey", a five-fork restaurant that was considered one of the best in Madrid. I went, as usual, without a tie although I wore a jacket and pants suit and a gypsy neck scarf, which had white polka dots on a blue background. At the entrance the doorman stopped me and called the maitre, who said that I could not pass without a tie. I told him I did not have it and he offered me one of several that he took out of a closet. I refused to put on a tie that was not mine and suggested that I could knot my scarf in the shape of a tie. He hesitated for a moment and finally accepted. So, I entered with my neck scarf knotted in the form of a tie and enjoyed the food, but I noticed that the customers from other tables looked at me now and then.

3.- At home I am not very skilled when choosing different garments that match each other. When I put on a shirt my wife is always behind me with another shirt that goes better with the jacket and suits me much more. This is something that I do not care about; I am used to it.

4.- I have said that I have never paid much attention to dressing. However, my father always told me that the way of dressing helps to define the personality. He advised me to dress smart, because it is nice that a stylish person is identified by other ones simply by being seen at the back. The truth is that, as I am getting older, I'm losing the fear of buying suits, but certainly in my wardrobe there are several suits that I only wear once a year, at the most.









.

No hay comentarios: